Monday, March 05, 2007

Roethke had Duende--Shorter version, without music

All right, so I'm messing around and suddenly I find this feature in that catch-all place I never seem to be drawn to for fear of complication-anxiety: "Options." And when I click on "Options" I see I am allowed to lengthen or shorten the duration of each transition and slide separately. The process, mind you, is unnecessarily long and complicated, but at least that feature is there. So I did another version of the Roethke/Duende slideshow. I may submit this one to the Poetfan contest which I discussed earlier. Won't some of you also submit something to "Poetfan"? Like Bukowski and Bono say, "Come on, do it! Do it!"

The details are:

Email a short essay to ebleakney@poets.org by March 15, 2007 describing in 250 words or less why you (or you and a friend—or, if you are a teacher, you and your class) are the number one fan or fans of the poet you have chosen.

We’re looking for the most compelling and creative entries and welcome the use of supporting materials such as photographs or videos after you have submitted your essay. Just mention you would like to submit supporting material in your email and an invitation to post on our flickr.com or youtube.com group pages will be emailed to you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this, but love it more with music. How do you do it? I mean the mechanics, not the art. I'm afraid new technology is tough for me. Teagrapple

Theresa Williams said...

Teagrapple, I also like it more with music, but since it is for the contest, I was a bit worried about the copyright issue. I wasn't so concerned when it was just for myself and the blog since I'm not selling anything and also don't get a lot of traffic here anyway. There are several programs that help you to make movies or slideshows. The easiest one I've found is called "photo story" and it can be downloaded from the Internet for about fourteen dollars. The one I used for this slideshow is Windows Movie Maker. Adobe Photoshop also lets you make slideshows. Each has different features. Windows Movie Maker also lets you make movies. Then there is expensive software you can buy for making movies; I have one by Sony that I use occasionally, but it is very complicated and I'm still learning it.

Anonymous said...

I found a website for music downloads that charges only $7.00 per piece and gives you unlimited use. Try www.stock20.com . I have not used it myself yet. Teagrapple

ggw07 said...

Thanks for sharing new version- and tech info- Good luck with contest entry and your new journey in this medium!
Gretchen

Dreaming

Dreaming

About Me

My photo
Northwest Ohio, United States
"I was no better than dust, yet you cannot replace me. . . Take the soft dust in your hand--does it stir: does it sing? Has it lips and a heart? Does it open its eyes to the sun? Does it run, does it dream, does it burn with a secret, or tremble In terror of death? Or ache with tremendous decisions?. . ." --Conrad Aiken

Followers

Search This Blog

Epistle, by Archibald MacLeish

What I'm Listening To

My Music

Great Artists

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from theresarrt7. Make your own badge here.

Fave Painting: Eden

Fave Painting:  Eden

Fave Painting: The Three Ages of Man and Death

Fave Painting:  The Three Ages of Man and Death
by Albrecht Dürer

From the First Chapter

The Secret of Hurricanes : That article in the Waterville Scout said it was Shake- spearean, all that fatalism that guides the Kennedys' lives. The likelihood of untimely death. Recently, another one died in his prime, John-John in an airplane. Not long before that, Bobby's boy. While playing football at high speeds on snow skis. Those Kennedys take some crazy chances. I prefer my own easy ways. Which isn't to say my life hasn't been Shake-spearean. By the time I was sixteen, my life was like the darkened stage at the end of Hamlet or Macbeth. All littered with corpses and treachery.

My Original Artwork: Triptych

My Original Artwork:  Triptych

Wishing

Wishing

Little Deer

Little Deer

Transformation

Transformation

Looking Forward, Looking Back

Looking Forward, Looking Back

Blog Archive

CURRENT MOON
Powered By Blogger

Labels