Thursday, March 29, 2007

Writing Is a Strange Adventure: Part I

I know I haven't posted an entry in a while. I have been very busy at school. One of the things I got involved in was making a movie of my students in the Imaginative Writing Class. The movie took 30 hours to make and edit and is a little over 50 minutes long. I'm going to make smaller clips of the movie to upload to YouTube and my blog, so the students can have access to them. I hope that anyone else who is interested in the creative life will be inspired by them. The students have all given me permission to upload their images. So this is the first of several clips of my students as they share something of themselves on film. They were great during the filming, so open and willing to be vulnerable. The effect of the original movie is quite stunning; not that it was a perfect effort by any means. But stunning in the fact that I was so moved by students' participation and how the images came together to tell a story about the writing life. So here are some of my best and brightest students, doing their thing.

6 comments:

Erin Berger Guendelsberger said...

Theresa--this is fabulous! I'd love to see the whole 50-minute movie.

Cynthia said...

I'm with Erin, I'd love to see all of it.

Anonymous said...

That's very cool, Theresa.

Robin (GG)

Anonymous said...

DELIGHTFUL! Can't wait for more-
Gretchen

Anonymous said...

The Window 4/1/07



Now I have seen your lads and
lasses frolicking with words and without,in images leaping across the screen of their young lives, brave as can be,

withholding nothing of themselves
for all the world to see and
meeting the quest of language
head on with imperious joy and
abandon, everything you need to
find the right words without
even trying. What a lucky few, they,to have found you and you to
have given them to themselves-

I am sitting here up all night, picking at
my fingers, to get to the place wherethe words just come and all I had to do was open the shutters to
your window and I am free.

Gretchen Gersh Whitman

emmapeelDallas said...

Wow, me too, I'd love to see all of it. Good stuff, Theresa! And oh, I'd love to be a student of yours.

Judi

Dreaming

Dreaming

About Me

My photo
Northwest Ohio, United States
"I was no better than dust, yet you cannot replace me. . . Take the soft dust in your hand--does it stir: does it sing? Has it lips and a heart? Does it open its eyes to the sun? Does it run, does it dream, does it burn with a secret, or tremble In terror of death? Or ache with tremendous decisions?. . ." --Conrad Aiken

Followers

Search This Blog

Epistle, by Archibald MacLeish

What I'm Listening To

My Music

Great Artists

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from theresarrt7. Make your own badge here.

Fave Painting: Eden

Fave Painting:  Eden

Fave Painting: The Three Ages of Man and Death

Fave Painting:  The Three Ages of Man and Death
by Albrecht Dürer

From the First Chapter

The Secret of Hurricanes : That article in the Waterville Scout said it was Shake- spearean, all that fatalism that guides the Kennedys' lives. The likelihood of untimely death. Recently, another one died in his prime, John-John in an airplane. Not long before that, Bobby's boy. While playing football at high speeds on snow skis. Those Kennedys take some crazy chances. I prefer my own easy ways. Which isn't to say my life hasn't been Shake-spearean. By the time I was sixteen, my life was like the darkened stage at the end of Hamlet or Macbeth. All littered with corpses and treachery.

My Original Artwork: Triptych

My Original Artwork:  Triptych

Wishing

Wishing

Little Deer

Little Deer

Transformation

Transformation

Looking Forward, Looking Back

Looking Forward, Looking Back

Blog Archive

CURRENT MOON
Powered By Blogger

Labels