Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Provincetown 13

In response to Waterboy's question, I have read Tough Guys by Mailer, but not in a long time. I read it as part of my graduate study in 1988 or 1989! I don't remember anything but the sexy parts, unfortunately!

Today is my first day of being completely, entirely on my own. Allen, Buddha, and Sweet Pea left for Ohio at 1:30 in the morning. I couldn't sleep, so I finished a novel, took a nap, got up at 8:30 in the morning, wrote letters, showered, took another nap. It's been unseasonably warm here, so I just wrapped myself in a sari. Then I sat up in bed and wrote 800 words on the novel. I'm just heading out now to mail my letters and take a walk on the beach.

It's hard to describe my aloneness. Allen had been doing all sorts of errands for me, like getting me coffee and a treat in the morning. Today I had hot tea instead of coffee (I don't have the right kind of filters for the coffee maker FAWC has supplied me with). I put away the bowl and glass Allen has been using (FAWC supplies all dishes, pots, pans, and silverware). I have been missing him pretty bad. I wrote not one but two mushy letters to him today. That's what I'm getting ready to mail. Also a letter to our boys.

As I came out the door of my apartment, I heard a dog that sounded exactly like Sweet Pea.

Those of you who remember my first entries about Sweet Pea know that she is a rescued dog. She has never been friendly with people outside of our family. But so many people here in P-Town are dog-lovers and are so gentle around her that she really started to come around. To our great surprise, last night she allowed a young man from New Hampshire to pet her and she licked his hands and face!

I'm looking forward to the free days ahead to read, write, and think.

No comments:

Dreaming

Dreaming

About Me

My photo
Northwest Ohio, United States
"I was no better than dust, yet you cannot replace me. . . Take the soft dust in your hand--does it stir: does it sing? Has it lips and a heart? Does it open its eyes to the sun? Does it run, does it dream, does it burn with a secret, or tremble In terror of death? Or ache with tremendous decisions?. . ." --Conrad Aiken

Followers

Search This Blog

Epistle, by Archibald MacLeish

What I'm Listening To

My Music

Great Artists

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from theresarrt7. Make your own badge here.

Fave Painting: Eden

Fave Painting:  Eden

Fave Painting: The Three Ages of Man and Death

Fave Painting:  The Three Ages of Man and Death
by Albrecht Dürer

From the First Chapter

The Secret of Hurricanes : That article in the Waterville Scout said it was Shake- spearean, all that fatalism that guides the Kennedys' lives. The likelihood of untimely death. Recently, another one died in his prime, John-John in an airplane. Not long before that, Bobby's boy. While playing football at high speeds on snow skis. Those Kennedys take some crazy chances. I prefer my own easy ways. Which isn't to say my life hasn't been Shake-spearean. By the time I was sixteen, my life was like the darkened stage at the end of Hamlet or Macbeth. All littered with corpses and treachery.

My Original Artwork: Triptych

My Original Artwork:  Triptych

Wishing

Wishing

Little Deer

Little Deer

Transformation

Transformation

Looking Forward, Looking Back

Looking Forward, Looking Back

Blog Archive

CURRENT MOON
Powered By Blogger

Labels